Together we are Better
- 1 1/2oz @lyondistilling coffee rum (a collaboration with @ceremonycoffeeroasters)
- 1/2oz @graywolfcraftdistilling Lone vodka (they make their vodka @lyondistilling)
- 1/2oz Chai Pear Shrub
- Barspoon of Blood Orange Saffron Shrub
- 1/2oz black cherry simple syrup (a collaboration with my daughter 😉- she muddled the cherries)
- A few dashes @dcembitterment Chocolate bitters (a collaboration with @undonechocolate and fellow @unionkitchendc member)
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake with ice. Strain and serve over new ice (preferably a big clear one). Add bitters and garnish with clementine twist and @luxardousa cherry.
To make the black cherry syrup, you will need:
* 1 cup fresh (pitted) black cherries
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
* Zest of 1/2 a clementine
* Pinch of salt
Muddle the cherries in a sauce pan and add other ingredients. Bring everything to a boil and then strain the solids out.
Instead of throwing the solids (cherries infused with orange, sugar and salt) away, put them into a dehydrator and you'll have a nice snack or garnish for later.